Saturday, October 30, 2010

a new safer room - via vivian 103010

tyler update, 8.30 pm edt 103010: Finally they are going to move my son to another room. Tyler doesn't care if they snore just as long as he dooesn't have to sleep with one eye open.


The nurses on the floor where my son stays are great and I hated to raise a fuss about the room my son was placed in, but now that has been resolved. Now I can sleep better and not worry abut him.


What a big fuss about cleaning bathroom at the hospital. Tyler's roommate makes a big mess in their washroom. One can't ask a cleaning aid to clean it if they are standing outside the room. A nurse has to page a cleaning aid and then they are assigned to clean it. This process takes a couple of hours. Tyler can't use his roms bathroom, he has to find a washroom else where in the hospital.


I phoned the hospital to see if I can bring Tyler home, but he is on med every 4 hours. I am concerned about his safety, he is wandering around the hospital and concerned if he has a seizure aome where. Concerned enough to be thinking abut taking him home if his room situation is not resolved soon.


 Worried about Tyler and how he is trying to cope with his oddball room mate. The guy talks all the time and what he talks about is so disgusting.We have been tld the guy has a head injury, but still it is very difficult being near him. Tyler has taken to sleeping in the waiting room down the hall and he uses anther bathroom on the floor. Hope Tyler can have patience until they can move him to another room.


People that know me realize that I am at most times very impatience and pace alot. During my son't heatlth crisis, I managed to sit for hours by his bedside and waited amazingly for him to come around. Rev even asked me I did any thing like read a paper, no, I just sat there. Only getting up to touch his hand or touch his brow.

10 hours ago

My son, Tyler is over the critical stage of his health crisis. Now we are at anoother wait and see stage, where we wait for the swelling to go down enough so they can see what the tumour is like. This could take weeks or even months. This means more tests down the road and I hope the tumour doesn't bleed again. Learning patience... the hard way.

10 hours ago 

No comments:

Post a Comment